Monday, March 9, 2009

Auspicious Events

On Friday, two very auspicious events occurred. 

First, B found a job listing perfectly suited to my skill set. When I read it, I got so excited. It's like it was written just for me. I applied then and there. On Saturday, I thoroughly researched the company and got even more enthusiastic. And then last night, I had a very vivid, very detailed dream about working hand-in-hand with the Director of Marketing where we made a terrific team. Today, when I woke, I received an email saying they'd received my resume and would contact me if my resume fit the bill. A auto email but an email nonetheless. They also attached an Affirmative Action data sheet to fill out if, and only if, I felt so inclined. I felt inclined and have already faxed it back. I really want this job and as I filled out the fax cover sheet, I prayed that sending it back swiftly would somehow set me apart from the throng of applicants. My hope is that once submitted, they would pull my resume from the stacks of resumes received taking notice of my experience, skills and overall capability. I want them to see me, the real me, through the words of my resume and then have an AHA experience exclaiming, "this is our girl!"

Second, my mom called saying she had just seen a for-rent sign on a sweet house in her neighborhood. Intrigued, I asked her to look into it further, which she did. It has three bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, garage, deck, backyard, and pets are welcome with an additional pet deposit. Sounds perfect! It sits right next to a walking path leading to a lake where owls, herons and eagles are regularly seen. Sounds even more perfect. The perks also include access to a pool, hot tub and workout facility. Sounds perfectly perfect. 

Sticking points? The move in date and the rent. 

Desired occupancy is April 1 with a one-year lease. This is a tad bit sooner than we can manage considering we are still in San Francisco and haven't yet given our landlord 30-days notice. The monthly rent is $1750. It's less than we pay now and completely doable, but only once one of us is gainfully employed. If we already had jobs–no problem, it wouldn't even be an issue but without at least one secure income, the rent is a huge hurdle. 

Sticking points aside, I think it quite thrilling that both things came to our attention within hours of each other. Could it be kismet? Fate? Could the angels be saying we are on the right track, telling us to head East stopping just past the Flatirons? I think so. I pray so.

Keep your fingers crossed that the first comes through so that the second can too.

1 comment:

  1. auspicious, indeed! yay, all very exciting. if nothing else, these things always seem to put our desires front and center. so if not this job and house, certainly another one in colorado. (though my fingers are crossed because they both sound great.) not that i want you to go there - personally, i'd like if you would stay :)

    ReplyDelete