Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tacos and Toes

It turns out the old adage "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" is true in our house at least as far as tacos and toes go.

Let me step back two plus years to the night of Biddy's birth. He was delivered at 1:26am and placed directly on my chest. In that moment of ooh and ahhing as my mom and B got there first full look at his sweet face, all I could see was his toes. I craned to see his face but all I could see was his toes and couldn't help but notice they were remarkably familiar. Through my elation, exhaustion, and epidural haze I exclaimed, "Oh my God, he has your toes!" I can't believe those were the first words our new son heard me say. Oy vey! 


Fast forward to tonight. It was love at first bite. Pile taco meat, shredded cheese, tomato, and sour cream on a crisp open-faced taco shell and you have a recipe for a happy boy. B was so proud. Ever since he was a little boy, tacos have been his most favorite meal. Biddy concurs. You should have seen how far his tummy stuck out. Oy vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment