Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Babe is Born

On December 1, 2006, my baby boy was born. I felt like Mother Mary only without the Immaculate Conception.

I gave birth to a precious soul and in the process my life took on new purpose. My heart expanded. My joy exploded. My Mother Self engaged. My SHINE ignited.

Yes – I was shiny before, but when Biddy came into this world, my SHINE took over. It’s amazing how it happened, in an instant, as soon as he was laid on my chest. His blue eyes and sweet love allowed me to SHINE, demanded me to SHINE, for him and for my Self.

Before his arrival my path was somewhat aimless, wandering, and fueled by insecurity and indecision. Before his arrival I was selfish. Since his arrival three-years ago, I have become childish–childish in the sense of caring completely for my children – my son and my little Kimi.

Having Biddy gave me permission to play, laugh, enjoy the present moment, learn, explore, and be bold and fearless. Having Biddy has allowed me to heal the wounds of my inner child and heal past pain, hurt, abandonment, sadness, and self-hatred. Having Biddy has allowed my mamma bear to come out to protect, teach, care for, champion and nurture. Having Biddy has allowed me to love unconditionally.

Sometimes you need a catalyst to SHINE. Biddy is my catalyst. Thank you my boy for gracing me with your presence. I love you more and more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment